Interview with Author Toppnotch PART 2


Hi Divas,

                   After my interview with Toppnotch, the author himself came back to let me know he wanted to express more to his readers and I love author who wants to push his limits and let his readers know more about them behind the books and characters. Don't forget to check out Part 1 of this interview. If you would like to see more from authors please let me know.

Here is more from my interview with Toppnotch...

My book has a unique style with rap versus and intrique information about the music business. Would you elaborate on these features? I wanted Blinded by the Lights to have a realistic feel to it. I wanted the characters to be tangible. 

How could the reader respect them as rappers if they never heard them rap? I also feel it was imperative to show how label executives sometime take advantage of their artists and their ignorance to the by laws and fine print of contract business. 

We have heard the stories before of artists being trapped in bad deals with labels and owing money after going platinum. I shed some light on these situations for people to understand.

I must say the book was very intriging. I couldn't put it down but do you think it would transcend and resonate with a broader audience outside of urban literature? I believe so because the storyline is universal. 

Rap music and drug dealing are global institutions that affect all of our lives in one way or another. People can relate to the issues and the characters go through love, friendship greed and aspirations no matter their background. 

What would you suggest to others who are thinking of writing a book? Have a passion for the craft and what you your writing about. Also learn and understand the business of the literary industry without that your craft could be tainted by the hands of yourself and others. Everyone has a story or two to tell. Dont let nothing stop you from successfully writing yours. 

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS FROM TOPPNOTCH, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT HIM.

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT TAJANA SUTTON AND HER UPCOMING BOOK SKAI'S THE LIMIT 2 COMING SOON!!



Comments

Popular Posts