Can't Stay Away by: Jasmine Barber Book Review


Hello Divas & Gents,

It has been a long time and of course, I have read a few books this summer and this book has been my favorite for the summer. I remember this story so good. I love the characters and the story line. Everyone wants a man like Hov.

Here is an excerpt of the book you can purchase this book on Amazon.com.


A couple days later, Ashlyn sat in her apartment laughing and catching up with Madysen and Quiana. Madysen came down to Philly for the weekend to hang out with her cousin. She missed her and she used this time to meet Quiana and have fun. The girls sat in the house reminiscing about their night out on South Street after coming from the G Longue Nightclub.

“Girl last night was one of the best night I’ve ever had with friends,” Quiana said.

“If that’s the case, you need new friends because whenever we go out, we always show out.” Madysen laughed and slapped hands with Ash.

“I was just talking to my boo about possibly moving to New Jersey and me transferring to the company’s New Jersey office.”

“Wow. It’s funny that you say that because I have been thinking about putting in a transfer to be in this office.” Ashlyn revealed.

“What made you make that decision? I mean everybody you love lives in New Jersey.”

“I like this Philly environment. Jersey is so slow. And it looks like I’m going to be single soon, so I don’t have to worry bout that.”

“What do you mean?” Madysen said looking worried.

“Hov and I got into it the other day and basically I’m being childish because I don’t want to tell Tiff about our relationship.”

“He said that?” Quiana asked.

“Lets put it like this, that’s the polite version of what he said.”

“Well, I can understand what he means.” Madysen added in.

“Wait, what?” Ashlyn was confused.

Madysen knew that what she was about to say was going to have to Ashlyn in her feeling, but she would rather her hear it from her now rather than when it was too late.

“The way you are going about this is all wrong.”

“But how? I don’t want to lose my friendship over a relationship that may or may not last.”

“See, what you are doing right now is exactly what he is trying to tell you. You are so convinced that this is some just right now relationship, that you are not putting in the work to make it a forever relationship.” Madysen preached.

“Damn, that was deep.” Quiana commented.

“What do you expect from me Madysen?” Ashlyn asked.

“Lets look at it like this. If circumstances changed, would you still feel the same way?” Madysen spit out.

 “What do you mean?”

“Let’s say for an example, that Tiffany wasn’t your friend. But you are feeling Hov and you put months into your relationship and he didn’t want to acknowledge you in front his family and friends. How would you feel?”

 “I would feel as if he didn’t really want to be in a relationship with me. Like maybe I was good enough to be with in private, but not in public.”

“Exactly. So how you would if circumstances were different is exactly how Jalil feels. You’re a little too old to be sneaking around. You are not a child. Tiffany will understand.”

 “But you know how she feel about her brother. She dropped Monique so quick she didn’t know what was happening.”

“Well baby girl, you will never know until you address her about the situation.”

“Yeah, I guess you are right.”

 “So honey, you have a decision to make. Do you want to lose one person who has been the cause of your constant smile lately or do you want to assume what your best friend who absolutely loves you is going to do if she finds out you and her brother are happy together?”

 “The choice is yours,” Quiana added.

Exactly. Ash you are doing the most though. I understand that you value your friendship but it’s disrespectful to him as a man that you are willing to keep your relationship a secret. Trust me, you need to fix this before he call it a quits.” Madysen said sipping out of the wine glass. She hoped her cousin took her advice because if not the next girls night in that they were going to trying to console Ashlyn and helping her get over yet another broken heart.

 
Let me know what you think and what are your summer favorites.

Stay Beautiful!!

Mika

Comments

Popular Posts