AND THEN THERE WAS X" by Tajana Sutton




Hello Divas & Gents,

Tajana is back for a wonderful read of my favorite male characters. Xavier, the man that has been Deja ride or Die now. Xavier has more drama on his hands then we all know.

I hope he doesn't go off on my girl Deja again like he always does. But we all know Deja has learned her husband has helped make her stronger. So X better watch out. Deja maybe a problem also.


You can pre-order this book on Tajana Sutton website.

 
All pre-orders are indeed KINDLE COPIES. No PDF, NO EMAILING. Hassle free! Let's go! To Pre-Order, click the link below. http://tajanals2003.wix.com/tajanasutton2012
Here is an excerpt from And THEN THERE WAS X...
Chapter One
Xavier sat on the private beach at Sandals resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica. He looked out into the ocean, admiring the turquoise blue water. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore relaxed him. He partied most of the night so he was a bit faded. Jay invited them all out to the resort for the weekend to celebrate his birthday. He had been trying to get them out there since him and Jade vacationed there but they wanted to do Jamaica instead on St. Lucia. After all that they had gone through, they needed that vacation. They didn’t hesitate to hop on the plane to paradise. Xavier took a seat on one of the lounge chairs and took in the moment. It was peaceful and drama free. He sat there staring out into the ocean wishing his life could be that calm at all times. Xavier caught a whiff of a sweet and familiar smell. He didn’t have to turn around to know who the scent belonged to. Deja appeared before him.
“This is a beautiful view,” she said as she took in the scenery.
“Yes it is,” X replied. She heard the anxiety in his voice. She looked down at him. He took her hand. She took a seat on the lounge chair, between his legs. She scooted back, laying her back against his chest. He wrapped his muscular arms around her.  They looked out into the ocean in silence for a minute.
He began caressing her breast through her bikini top. He had sex on his mind.
“I swear you read my mind!” Deja replied. Xavier began kissing her neck. His warm tongue touched down on her moist skin, sending a shiver down her spine. She twisted her toned body around and straddled him. She was ready for whatever he had to offer. He was ready to give her all he had to offer, but they were both knocked off their square when Jade’s voice shook them out of their moment.
“Get a room!” Jade said, approaching them.
“Come on now, Jade, quit cock blocking!”  Xavier said with a chuckle.
“Nigga please! Y’all are a day late. We got it in last night on the sand, so no need to cock block,” she said with laughter as she rolled her hips.
“Where so we can go on the opposite end,” Deja joked. They laughed.
“What’s so funny?” Jay said as he walked up.
“These two. They ‘re trying to get it in out here,” Jade said.
“Oh, y’all are a day late!” Jay said. “We broke this bitch in an hour after we landed.”
“I told them,” Jade replied. They chuckled.
“We crashed last night. This is the first time we’ve been on vacation since having Xyla. Those late nights with her and me working from home caught up to a nigga,” X said. They sat laughing and Joking until Jade and Deja excused themselves and headed for the bar, leaving Xavier and Jay out on the beach smoking cigars. Jay waited until the coast was completely clear before probing.
“So what’s up with you, cuz?”
“Is it that damn obvious?” Xavier asked.
“Hell yeah! You ain’t yourself, dawg. Even a blind man can see that,” Jay replied.
I’ve been buggin’ for the past few weeks. That night all that shit went down with Kai, I learned that my pops has another son. Not just that, but that nigga raised the dude from a little boy.”
“Damn, X, straight up?” Jay said in disbelief.
“Yeah, cuz. I knew maybe he had other kids, so I’m not tripping on that. It’s the fact that the nigga, was there to teach the little dude how to ride a bike, how to take a leak properly, baseball games and shit while leaving my mom and another nigga to do all that shit. That’s fucked up. I thought I would be cool with all that he didn’t do for me, but to see that he did it without a problem for another kid, that shit blew me!” Xavier said. He took a pull off of his cigar.
“That’s some shit. So what you gonna do?” Jay asked.
“I’m gonna do exactly what that nigga did. I’m gonna step off!” Xavier said. “As far as I’m concerned, Kareem and Asia’s pops has always and will always be my father so I’m good,” Xavier said. He looked out into the beautiful ocean once again. “Fuck all that. We are in fucking Jamaica on this beautiful ass beach and it’s your birthday! No stress dawg, let’s go get our party on!” Xavier said as he stood. Jay stood as well. They headed for the bar where their women sat, sipping on Jamaican Rum Punch. When they walked up, the bartender greeted them and handed them both Cranberry and Vodka which were their favorite drinks.
“Damn, y’all remembered what we drink, huh?” Jay asked.
“Yeah Mon,” the taller Jamaican said.
“That’s what’s up,” Xavier said as he grabbed his drink and took it to the head. Deja looked at her husband, knowing something was bothering him, but she let it go in fear of ruining their vacation with any drama.
Later into the night, Deja sat in the entertainment room of the villa. Xavier was in the bedroom preparing for a shower. He had been a bit on the quiet side since leaving the bar. She stood up and headed for the bedroom. When she walked in, he smiled at her while walking into the bathroom. She could no longer hold her tongue. She stood in the doorway of the bathroom. 
“Are you still upset about the situation with your dad?” Deja asked in a sincere tone.
“Naw, I’m straight,” X lied while grabbing his towel.
“I don’t think you are,” Deja replied.
“Look Deja, I don’t want to talk about it. I said I’m straight, DAMN!” he snapped at her. She stared at him for a minute. She then turned and walked out the room. He stepped out of his clothes and stepped into the shower. He let the hot water relieve him of the stress that he was under. He knew that he was taking his pain out on the wrong people but he was fed up. He thought about how he had snapped at Deja. He felt horrible about it. Xavier washed and rinsed his body then stepped out the shower. He wrapped the towel around his waist and went to find his wife. He looked throughout the villa. There was no sign of her.
“Shit!” he said. He hurried to the bedroom and dried off, then through on some shorts and a tank top. He slipped into some shower shoes and jetted out the room. He walked out onto the private beach and looked around. He spotted Deja standing at the shoreline, looking out into the ocean. He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her. “I’m sorry, baby!” he apologized. She pulled away from him. “Deja!” he called out as she began walking away from him. He jogged after her, grabbing her arm gently.
“Let me go, Xavier!” she snapped as she snatched away once again. That’s when he noticed the tears in her eyes. “I am sick of you always snapping out at me every time you get into one of your moods. The last time you did that, you blamed me for LaTasha taking Jeremiah. Now here we are in this beautiful resort and you are in a fucked up mood once again. I don’t know what I did to you, but I’m not gonna sit here and let you snap out at me!”  she spat.
“I’m sorry, baby! It’s not you. I’m just going through some personal shit right now.”
“Since when have you gone through something and not been able to talk to me about it? I asked what was going on and you keep telling me nothing. I’m not stupid, Xavier!” she said.
“I know that. I just don’t want to ruin our vacation with my insecurities,” Xavier replied.
“Really? Seems to me that you’re doing a great job at it as it is!” she said. He hung his head. She walked up to him and lifted his head, looking him square in the eye. “What’s going on with you?” she asked. He thought about lying about it again, but decided against it. He agreed that his silence was only making matters worse. He took her hand and they began walking along the shoreline.
“You know a couple of weeks ago when all that shit went down with Kai?”
“Yeah,” she replied.
“Well, I found out then that I have a brother.”
“What?”
“Yeah. His name is Cole. But that isn’t the problem. I kind of always knew that my pops had other children. The thing is he was there for dude. He helped raise him. He was there for him and helped put him through college and shit.”
“Aw, baby!” she said, feeling sorry for him.
“You already know that my mom struggled to raise me until she met Asia and Kareem’s pop’s. If it wasn’t for him, ain’t no telling where I will be. Yet this nigga was there for his other kids. What kind of shit is that?” he said with pure hurt in his tone.
“You keep saying them. Was there more than just Cole?” Deja asked.
“Yeah. I found out that he has two more sons and he was there for them too according to Cole.”
“Why didn’t you tell me about this?” she asked.
“I didn’t want to come off as a whiner or a weak nigga, so I kept it to myself but It’s had been eating away at me,” he replied.
“You having feelings only makes you human, not weak. I have never looked at you as weak or a whiner and have no intentions on starting now. You have a right to feel the way you feel, baby!”
“I just don’t get it. Why them and not me?” he asked as if she knew the answer.
“I think that is a question you need to ask your dad,” Deja said.
“I know but I don’t think I even want to know,” he replied. Deja stopped and took his face in her hands. He looked her in her eyes.
“You have to talk to him, baby! That is the only way that you will be at peace with all of this. If his answers aren’t what you want to hear, fine. Chapter closed. The thing that is driving you crazy now is the not knowing. You keep wondering, guessing, assuming and that’s not helping. You need answers then make up your mind to either move on without him or with him. Either way, you need to get answers.” He knew she was right. He decided to sit his pride aside and meet with his dad. He smiled at the woman before him. His heart fluttered. The sound of the waves splashing filled their ears. He took her by the waist and pulled her body to his and kissed her with passion. She returned the love.
“I’m not gonna keep letting you snap out at me,” she said to him.
“I’m sorry, baby. Let me make it up to you!” he said as he kissed her again. They had walked out of sight of the others on the beach so they stood there alone engaged in a long and passionate kiss. Xavier ran his hand under her sundress and grabbed her ass. “It’s about that time for us to break this beach in!” he said. She chuckled and kissed him deeper as he laid her down on the white sand. TO BE CONTI
 

Comments

Popular Posts