Anastasia Catwalk Eye Shadow Palette-Review


Hi Divas & Gents,

I know everyone is loving the holidays and cold weather and all the great sales. But I want to let you know about a palette you can't miss out on. My Sister from another Island Mother told me about this and as sister's we buy for each other (sharing is caring). Well my husband gets the makeup for us. :)

I picked up this palette after my Sister informed me about it. Because of course the east coast gets a heads up on things before the west coast. So as loving as I am, I called 3 Ulta stores in my area was able to get 2 placed on hold for us, which again my husband picked up and made sure I got my Ulta points for my purchase. After months of not trying I finally did.




 

If you love warm neutral eyeshadows, you’re going to want to take a peek at the Anastasia Catwalk Eye Shadow Palette $29, a 10-piece eye shadow palette.  The gorgeous case is accented with felt cheetah print and comes with a double ended eye shadow brush as well. Designed to create bold cat eyes, sleek contoured looks and soft washes of color, this palette comes with a beautifully illustrated booklet to help you create four catwalk-inspired looks.
 
 

 
The shades include:
Call Back: Soft, shimmering beige
Strut: Satin plum
Scout: Golden pink shimmer
Beauty Mark: Deep, matte purple
LBD: Matte black
Day Rate: Matte, dusty pink
Couture: Satin plum with red sparkle
RTW: Shimmering neutral pink
10K: Pale, shimmery champagne
Pose: Deep, shimmering violet taupe
 I am new to Anastasia eye shadows but overall noticed there look similar to other palettes; I feel like I’ve seen these warm neutral combinations. There’s also quite a bit of purple, for being a ‘neutral’ palette (but I think it works well with all the shades.



 
The textures range from matte to satin to shimmer, and unfortunately the quality does vary quite a bit within this palette. The good news is that only a few of the shades left me disappointed, namely Beauty Mark and LBD. It’s unfortunate, because these are 2 out of the 3 matte shades and I really wished they were more smooth and pigmented, because I feel like they are quite essential to most looks. They do build in intensity though as they are layered, but the dry texture did leave me wanting more.
 
 

Some of the shades were beautiful though, especially Call Back and Scout. The shimmery shades performed the best and had a nice, smooth texture. The satin shades were a little on the dry side, but still had decent pigmentation.


The color combinations work well, but I would consider it to lean more towards a ‘berry’ toned palette because of the amount of pink undertones. The quality isn’t the best I’ve seen, even from Anastasia, but I am impressed by the value of it.
Let me know have you used this palette what are your thoughts and review on it overall.

Stay Beautiful!!

Miss Mika

Comments

  1. A bit on the expensive side but it looks like a great neutral palatte :) Great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely on my Christmas list! I follow her on Instagram and the color combos she creates are so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts