Skincare Series Part 1: Knowing our Skin

What is Skincare?
 
 
 

 
Hi Divas & Gents,
 
I wanted to do a skincare series, we all have many issues with our skin. We have a love/ hate relationship. We want to find the right products but when age, stress, hormones, and life gets in the way, we loose track of our morning and night routine. Work, husband, boyfriend, life partner, kids all are a reason why we go to bed and ignore that 5-10 minutes of peace we can enjoy.
 
For the past several months, while planning my wedding like most brides, I want my skin to be perfect. Well, honestly my skin is great for me. I have acne prone, Combination/Oily skin. My T-zone gets oily while I am dry on my eyebrow bone, cheek and lower jaw line.
 
 
I have experienced some products recently and brought higher end products and lower price point products and I believe I have found the perfect combination to fit my needs when flow comes to visit, stressful times, and something to help when I do a full face makeup (liquid foundation, concealer, blush, highlight,  bronzer, mascara, lipstick/lip-gloss and setting powder). We all makeup and some of doesn't but we love to enhance our beauty through our own from clothes, makeup, jewelry, and shoes. But the one thing that remains the same in we have to take care of our body. Skincare is key.
 
So Let's Get Started:
 
 

Skin care is one of the most important components of natural beauty, no matter what your age, skin tone, or skin type.
 
If you are struggling with commonly occurring skin conditions and are looking for guidance, tips and advice. This series will be great for you.
 
Most skin problems are easily curable but only with the right guidance and help, you can keep all your problems in the past, and have the flawlessly perfect skin that you've always wanted.
 
 
Skincare is defined as the cleansing, massaging, moisturizing, etc., of the skin, especially the face or hands.
 
After doing research for this series, I have found we have 3 layers to our skin, we always pay attention to the first layer, but we forget there are layers where dirt, oil, bacteria and build up clogs our pores.
 
 
How Many Layers of Skin?
The skin is composed of three basic layers. Also the dermis is the deepest layer and it is responsible for making new skin cells. Now the hypodermis is a middle layer of maturing cells and epidermis is the outer most, superficial skin layer and the only one of the skin layers that sheds.
 
 
 
Melanin is a natural pigment that gives your skin its color. It's produced in cells called melanocytes.
 
I hope you enjoy this series, and let's say good-bye to acne, blemishes, clogged pores, dry skin, and dark spots.
Don't forget to follow my blog for the next part of this skincare series: Cleanse your Face
Let me know what is your major skincare concern.
 
Tamika
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


Comments

Popular Posts