My Engagement Story-Tamika & Lawrence


Our Engagement Story


Lawrence and I met online on a dating site, I took a chance and gave myself a 30 day challenge with online dating for the second time. Well after 2 jerks, Lawrence was Mr. Wonderful. He had the qualities I was looking for in a man and I knew this relationship would be growth and mature.

Lawrence is a USC alumni and I have my degree in Human Resources Management and Retail Management. We met after chatting for 3 days. We became friends and learned a lot about each other before taking our relationship to another level. October 17, 2010 we became an official couple.



Our first outing as a couple was USC homecoming game 2010. We had so much fun and I remember a dear friend of Lawrence told me, he is a great person and he deserves someone good, she noticed that in me. She has always been our cheerleader and has always been a great friend.


After 2 years of dating, Lawrence proposed to me on his birthday December 18, 2012 at Disneyland in front of Cinderella Castle. I knew the proposal was coming but I didn't expect him to make me feel like a princess on his special day.


The one thing I love about Lawrence is his heart, he is caring, strong, and wise. He loves hard and shows it everyday. He is my biggest supporter and treats me like a queen. He loves his mother dearly and it shows from the time he spends with her to the nurting he gives in return. I will always value his opinion, thoughts and love. Our relationship is unconditional, godly, and lots of fun.

 
As we are approaching our wedding in the fall, I couldn't be more happy to say "I Do". He has loved me, never doubted me and always respect me. I have grown as woman, and when I wasn't wanting love, he gave me love. I thank god everyday for sending Lawrence to me to fill a void I had given up on. As a couple we are each other Bonnie and Clyde, ride or die till the end.
 
 
My advice to anyone that reads this, if you are in a relationship, single, divorced or has given up on love. Don't go seeking let him find you. I took time before getting into another relationship to find myself, love myself, and have a relationship with God first. Relationships take time, its a job you have to work on it everyday, communication is key. Prayer is # 1. You will never agree on the everything but listening and learning from each other is always great.
 
2013 is my year to celebrate LOVE, SUCCESS, AND LIFE.
 
 

Photo Credits: Josh Kline

Comments

  1. I love this story I wish u two the best...Keep God 1st and pray together morning noon and night ....Be Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Beautiful story and may God continue to Bless the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful story...! Congrats on your coming nuptials!
    I met my Superman 5 years ago and it's been amazing..every day he makes me feel like a princess.
    Your description of your fiance, reminds me of mine a lot..!

    Keep it Touched,
    Khloe
    www.kgstyleblogs.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts